1. Join E-Subscriptions
  2. Submit a Service Request
  3. Pay Your City Utility Bill
  4. Sign Up for a Class
  5. eTrakit/Online Permitting
  6. Employment Opportunities
  7. Buy Grand Theatre Tickets
  8. Watch Live Council Meetings
  9. Watch Live Planning Commission Meetings
  10. Submit an Online Police Report
  11. Tracy Municipal Code
  12. Master Fee Schedule

City Departments

Tenant/Landlord Disputes

Can the City help to resolve disputes between a landlord and a tenant?

The City does not referee tenant-landlord disputes; these disputes are best resolved between the tenant and property owner. A general rule for maintenance of rented properties as presented by the State of California Department of Consumer Affairs is: "When a landlord rents an apartment or a house to a tenant (renter), the rented property must be fit to live in. In other words, the rented property must be 'habitable'. During the time that the property is being rented, the landlord must do maintenance work and make repairs which are necessary to keep it habitable. However, the landlord is not responsible to the tenant for repairing damage caused by the tenant, or the tenant's guest, children or pets."

For information about your rights and suggestions on ways to resolve housing complaints between tenants and landlords, please contact the State of California Department of Consumer Affairs at (800) 952-5210. Additional assistance is also available through the San Joaquin Fair Housing Office at (209) 451-3471.

Sitemap   |   Privacy Policy   |   Site Policy   |   Employee Login   |  
Bookmark and Share               
Website Design and Development by Jel