1. Join E-Subscriptions
  2. Submit a Service Request
  3. Pay Your City Utility Bill
  4. Sign Up for a Class
  5. eTrakit/Online Permitting
  6. Employment Opportunities
  7. Buy Grand Theatre Tickets
  8. Watch Live Council Meetings
  9. Watch Live Planning Commission Meetings
  10. Submit an Online Police Report
  11. Tracy Municipal Code
  12. Master Fee Schedule

City Departments

Complaints & Violations

If I suspect a violation how do I go about having it resolved or reporting it?

You may make contact with the property owner directly and request a resolution to the problem, or you may report violations to the Code Enforcement Division by calling (209) 831-6410. You can also report violations online through our Government Outreach System or by email at Code.Enforcement@TracyPD.com. To best serve you as the reporting party, we prefer that your contact information be provided in case we need additional information from you. All reporting party information remains confidential.

The following information must be included in order to investigate a complaint:

  1. A detailed description of the alleged violation;
  2. The address of the violation, including the nearest cross-street and any other pertinent information which may be helpful;
  3. Your contact information (not required, but helpful).

Why haven’t I seen any action being taken on my complaint?

It is likely, the City has opened a case and discussions have begun with the property owner to resolve the violation. Typically, the City will notify the property owner of the violations found on the property, once the complaint has been confirmed. We normally request that the property owner respond to us indicating they will resolve the violation in an acceptable time frame, that the violation has been resolved or that the property was not in violation. Our goal is to achieve voluntary compliance; however, if the property owner fails to comply with the City’s order, we begin a more formal legal process which may take an extended period of time to fully resolve.

What do I do if I receive a letter regarding my property?

The first notice you receive will be a Violation Notice. This notice is mailed to the property owner and a copy is also left at the violating property at the time of inspection, after confirming that a violation actually exists. Once you've received a Violation Notice, it is important that you contact the Code Enforcement Division as soon as possible at (209)831-6410. We will be happy to discuss the information outlined in your Violation Notice and provide any and all options available to you.

The Violation Notice provides a timeframe under which a property owner is responsible for complying with the violations discovered on the property. Once this time has lapsed and the violations continue to exist, more formal enforcement action will begin, including but not limited to administrative and/or judicial penalties.

Our first priority is to bring violations into compliance through voluntary measures whenever possible.

Sitemap   |   Privacy Policy   |   Site Policy   |   Employee Login   |  
Bookmark and Share               
Website Design and Development by Jel