1. Join E-Subscriptions
  2. Submit a Service Request
  3. Pay Your City Utility Bill
  4. Sign Up for a Class
  5. eTrakit/Online Permitting
  6. Employment Opportunities
  7. Buy Grand Theatre Tickets
  8. Watch Live Council Meetings
  9. Submit an Online Police Report
  10. Tracy Municipal Code
  11. Master Fee Schedule

City Departments

Abandoned/Foreclosed Properties

My neighbors lost their house due to foreclosure and it has been vacant for several months. There is garbage all over the yard and a back yard pool that has not been maintained. I’m especially worried about mosquitoes and the potential for West Nile Virus. What can I do to help remedy these problems?

Abandoned and foreclosed homes pose health and safety risks to the area, in addition to becoming a nuisance to the neighborhood. Unkempt swimming pools pose a potential danger, since and commonly attract crime; vacant properties are often used for illegal drug sales.

Step 1

Report the home to the City of Tracy Code Enforcement Division at (209) 831-6410 or Main-Code.Enforcement@ci.tracy.ca.us. Provide the street address and all information you have about the state of the home. Provide any and all information relative to the violations you believe exist on the property.

Step 2

File a report with Tracy Police at (209) 831-4550 if there is vandalism. The police will search the property for signs of vandalism or vagrancy.

Step 3

Contact Tracy Police to organize a Neighborhood Watch Group . A Neighborhood Watch Group is a group of area residents who volunteer to look after the neighborhood and other residents to help deter crime. Neighborhood Watch Groups often have contact with local authorities.

Step 4

Contact the lender if the home is bank-owned. Ask for the foreclosure or bank-owned real estate department. List all the problems with the home, like broken windows, and inform the lender you have already contacted the local authorities.

Information on mosquito-borne diseases is available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) websites. Contact information for local mosquito and vector control agencies in California can be found through the CDPH website by entering the zip code of the location of interest under “Locate your Local Mosquito and Vector Control Agency” at http://www.westnile.ca.gov/ .

Sitemap   |   Privacy Policy   |   Site Policy   |   Employee Login   |  
Bookmark and Share               
Website Design and Development by Jel