Mission, Vision, Values
We provide the community of Tracy with basic and extended services that offer opportunities for individuals, families and businesses to prosper as they live, work and play in Tracy.
Purpose & Vision
Our purpose is to preserve and improve the quality of life for Tracy so that we become the most prosperous community in California.
The values we operate by daily include:
Customer Service – We serve our community by providing superior customer service as we work collaboratively to support our common values and vision as we strive to achieve shared goals of our departments and the City of Tracy as a whole.
Honesty – We nurture an atmosphere of openness, honesty and integrity in our communication and action throughout our organization and with the greater public who we serve.
Excellence – We meet expectations in the performance of our professional duties and delivery of our services through leadership, innovation, efficiency and follow-through to excellent results and accomplishments.
Respect – We respect our colleagues and each individual or business of Tracy that we serve in our communications and through the delivery of our services.
Innovation – We participate in and cultivate a creative and learning environment where each employee has access to continuing education, training and technology to excel in the delivery of outstanding services to the community.
Stewardship –We utilize the resources entrusted to the City for the benefit of the community of Tracy and in consideration of the environment we wish to preserve for Tracy’s future.
Hospitality – We maintain a positive and welcoming atmosphere and offer excellent customer service for the diverse community members and businesses that interact with the City of Tracy.
Strategic Goals & Priorities
We will create a highly efficient work and service environment within the City of Tracy that reflects our values of customer service, honesty, excellence, respect, innovation, stewardship and hospitality.
We will operate by our values of customer service, honesty, excellence, respect, innovation, stewardship and hospitality as we accomplish the outstanding delivery of services and create opportunities toward a prosperous community. Specifically, we will work to achieve the following strategic priorities for the City of Tracy as identified in the citywide General Plan:
- Balance the development of new retail and job creating commercial, office and industrial development with the development of new housing so that residents have the opportunity to work in Tracy.
- Continue to provide a healthy setting for existing businesses while actively facilitating the establishment of new businesses, particularly those that reflect community aspirations and are aligned with our target markets.
- Preserve our hometown feel by creating residential neighborhoods with a sense of place and that are diverse, attractive, safe, walkable and affordable and by preserving significant historic and cultural resources.
- Meet the transportation challenges of the future, so that people can travel safely and conveniently on foot or by car, air, bicycle, and transit.
- Ensure that development and redevelopment adhere to basic principles of high quality urban design and streamline the process by which development and redevelopment happen.
- Strengthen our Downtown and develop the cultural, retail and civic amenities of a vibrant city, without losing the spirit of a small town.
- Protect our unique identity through the preservation of agricultural lands and the creation of new park and open space lands.
- Protect public health, safety and the environment by taking steps to reduce noise and air pollution, conserve water and energy, and prepare for natural and man-made disasters.
- Provide beautiful parks, exciting cultural and recreational amenities, and civic institutions that inspire community pride.
- Encourage high quality schools including increased opportunities for higher education and specialized training.
- Enhance the cultural environment in our city by promoting the arts and cultural activities.
- Welcome people from all backgrounds, ages, income levels and physical capabilities and invite them to put down roots and stay awhile.