Community Preservation Unit
The goal of the Community Preservation Unit is to enhance the quality of life for Tracy residents by addressing community problems. This unit utilizes the Community Oriented Policing and Problem Solving (COPPS) philosophy which is to partner with the community in problem-solving. The Community Preservation Unit works with numerous organizations including government agencies, social agencies as well as civic groups. Another goal of the Community Preservation Unit is to help educate citizens on how to reduce their risk of being a victim of crime. Listed below are the two sections which operate within the Community Preservation Unit.
· Neighborhood Resource Officer (NRO) Program: The goal of the NRO program is to identify and address community issues, concerns, problems and crime trends which are quality of life issues. The NROs have been trained in problem-solving. They work with the patrol section to address ongoing problems in neighborhoods and business areas that require a repeated response. NROs utilize their training and experience to research and analyze problems, and direct a variety of resources to address or eliminate the problem.
· Crime Prevention Section:
The Crime Prevention Section is led by our Crime Prevention Specialists. The goal of crime prevention is accomplished through various methods and programs which include the Neighborhood Watch Program, Communication via the Social Network, Community Relations, Citizen’s Academy, Prescription Drug Take Backs, Identity Theft Prevention – Shredding Events, Community Events, Department Tours, Stranger Danger Training, Safety Fairs, Combat Auto Theft and Neighborhood Outreach Initiatives. This unit also visits businesses to offer safety tips and recommend security measures. Our Crime Stoppers program and our Volunteers In Police Service (VIPS)
program also operate within the Crime Prevention Section.
Community Preservation Unit Personnel:
· Crime Prevention Specialist Mark Muldrow (209) 831-6614
· Neighborhood Resource Officer Steve Clayton (209) 831-6616
· Neighborhood Resource Corporal Dan Pasquale (209) 831-6528
· Lieutenant Kami Ysit (209) 831-6515