1. Join E-Subscriptions
  2. Submit a Service Request
  3. Pay Your City Utility Bill
  4. Sign Up for a Class
  5. eTrakit/Online Permitting
  6. Employment Opportunities
  7. Buy Grand Theatre Tickets
  8. Watch Live Council Meetings
  9. Submit an Online Police Report
  10. Tracy Municipal Code
  11. Master Fee Schedule

City Departments

Water Efficiency


Water Conservation Measures Now in Effect

The State Water Board has determined that the City of Tracy must reduce its water consumption by 28%.  Following are some of the mandates:

1. Potable water used for landscaping shall be restricted to three days per week and NO watering between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. for Residential, Commercial, Industrial, Institutional, Municipal and other entities as deemed necessary.

a.Odd-numbered addresses may water on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturday

b. Even numbered addresses may water on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays

2. Potable water may not be used to wash hardscapes such as patios, sidewalks or driveways

3. It is prohibited to use any potable water on outdoor landscapes or hardscapes in a manner that causes runoff such that water flows onto adjacent property, non-irrigated areas, private and public walkways, roadways, parking lots, or structures.

4. Public places where food and drink are served and/or purchased and Eating and drinking establishments shall not serve drinking water to its customers unless requested.

5. All motels, hotels, bed and breakfasts, and lodging facilities shall post notices in each room informing guests of the drought and the option not to have linens and towels laundered daily.

6. It is prohibited to apply potable water to outdoor landscapes during and within 48 hours after a measureable rainfall.

For more information please see the "Phased Water Restrictions" on the left side of this page.

Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance

If you are planning a project within the City of Tracy which will include landscaping, you may have to comply with the States Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance (MWELO). You would be need to submit the required documents along with your building permit or construction permit application.

Sitemap   |   Privacy Policy   |   Site Policy   |  
Bookmark and Share               
Website Design and Development by Jel