Phase I, II, III AND IV
Water Conservation Measures Now in Effect
The State Water Board has determined that the City of Tracy must reduce its water consumption by 28%. Following are some of the mandates:
1. Potable water used for landscaping shall be restricted to three days per week and NO watering between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. for Residential, Commercial, Industrial, Institutional, Municipal and other entities as deemed necessary.
a.Odd-numbered addresses may water on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturday
b. Even numbered addresses may water on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays
2. Potable water may not be used to wash hardscapes such as patios, sidewalks or driveways
3. It is prohibited to use any potable water on outdoor landscapes or hardscapes in a manner that causes runoff such that water flows onto adjacent property, non-irrigated areas, private and public walkways, roadways, parking lots, or structures.
4. Public places where food and drink are served and/or purchased and Eating and drinking establishments shall not serve drinking water to its customers unless requested.
5. All motels, hotels, bed and breakfasts, and lodging facilities shall post notices in each room informing guests of the drought and the option not to have linens and towels laundered daily.
6. It is prohibited to apply potable water to outdoor landscapes during and within 48 hours after a measureable rainfall.
For more information please see the "Phased Water Restrictions" on the left side of this page.
Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance
If you are planning a new construction project with a landscape area greater than 500 square feet or a rehabilitated project with an aggregated landscape area greater than or equal to 2,500 square feet, then you will need to comply with the Department of Water Resources Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance (WELO). You will need to submit a Landscape Document Package to the Utilities Department describing your compliance with the WELO.