Building permits are issued every working day of each month. See city schedule for Friday closures. Permits are issued to the owner of a dwelling or residential property, or any contractor licensed by the State and in possession of a valid City of Tracy Business License.
There are six different types of permits:
- Building permit
Required Items For Submittal
- Building permit application.
- Contractor's business license (when applicable).
- One copy contractor's pocket license.
- Sub-contractor's informatiotn (when applicable).
- Workers' compensation insurance form (when applicable).
- Letter of authorization (if someone other than the owner/contractor is picking up the permit).
- Document Submittal.
- Plan check fees assessed on all submittals - due at time of submittal payable to the City of Tracy.
- PG&E approval (swimming pool submittals only).
All submittal information shall be provided to the Building Division along with the building permit application form, related fees, and any additional information required by the Building Division before the application can be accepted as complete.
Upon completion of plan check review, you will be notified that your permit is ready for issuance. Once issued, work must commence within 180 days (six months).